May 31, 2007

"This is 2006"

December 2006
for: Masticator

1. Let's Get Out Of This Country - Camera Obscura
2. Cheated Hearts - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. Chinese Translation - M. Ward
4. God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash
5. Sheela-Na-Gig - PJ Harvey
6. Sunday Noises - Califone
7. Repeat To Fade - The Shortwave Set
8. Hold On, Hold On - Neko Case
9. Don't Call Me Whitney, Bobby - Islands
10. Level - The Raconteurs
11. Lady Lawyers - Oxford Collapse
12. Painter In Your Pocket - Destroyer
13. The Disco Song - Au Revoir Simone
14. You Can Make Him Like You - The Hold Steady
15. Lived In Bars - Cat Power
16. Honey Child What Can I Do? - Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
17. No Bad News - Bonnie "Prince" Billy
18. Ida, My - Annuals
19. Absinthe - Beth Orton
20. Tonight - TV On The Radio

Comments on the mix: My second annual year-end wrap up. As with last year, this is really a retrospective of albums. I hardly pretend to keep up with singles. The PJ track is off the 2006 Peel sessions album; it was actually recorded in 1991. The Annuals album was the only dud of my purchases here. Otherwise, this strikes me as a pretty good year for music.

No comments: