May 17, 2007

"Heavy Rotation"

April 2006
for: *

1. Danger! High Voltage! - Electric Six
2. Cheated Hearts - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. Nobody Knows What's Goin' On (In My Mind But Me) - The Chiffons
4. Eleanor, Put Your Boots On - Franz Ferdinand
5. I Feel Just Like a Child - Devendra Barnhart
6. That Teenage Feeling - Neko Case
7. Is it Any Wonder - The Shortwave Set
8. You're Driving Me Crazy - Dianne Reeves
9. Painter in Your Pocket - Destroyer
10. Comes and Goes - Dolly Parton
11. The Blue Are Still Blue - Belle and Sebastian
12. Could We - Cat Power
13. Mornings Eleven - The Magic Numbers
14. Queen Bitch - David Bowie
15. Down to Zero - Bettye LaVette
16. Honey Child, What Can I Do? - Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell
17. Go Now - Bessie Banks
18. Bring It Back Again - The Earlies
19. Heart of Soul - Beth Orton
20. Vittorio E - Spoon

Comments on the mix: When this round began, I said to myself, "What kind of 'theme' can I do that will include Yeah Yeah Yeah's 'Cheated Hearts'?" That song made me evangelical! I wound up with just a "recently added" mix, which was made easier by the big gap since the previous round. Also making an appearance, two songs from the Girl Group box set that would be peppering my mixes for many rounds to come. *My original mixee never acknowledged this fine mix, but thanks to an EC trade with the lovely Diane Court, the tracklisting made it onto the boards.

No comments: