May 31, 2007

"Harvest Moon"

October 2006
for: glammonkey

1. Waiting Room - Fugazi
2. Wolf Like Me - TV On The Radio
3. Let's Have a Party - Wanda Jackson
4. You Can Make Him Like You - The Hold Steady
5. Wave of Mutilation - The Pixies
6. Skip To The End - The Futureheads
7. I Don't Want To Get Over You - The Magnetic Fields
8. Hurricanes - Au Revoir Simone
9. Fist City - Loretta Lynn
10. Chicago [Acoustic] - Sufjan Stevens
11. Grounds for Divorce - Wolf Parade
12. Badlands - Bruce Springsteen
13. Way Out - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
14. Thumbelina Farewell - Ron Sexsmith
15. Rough Gem - Islands
16. Can't Let Go - Lucinda Williams
17. Mighty Fine Blues - Eels
18. Opportunity - The Jewels
19. Alex Chilton - The Replacements
20. 25 Easy Pieces - The Earlies
21. That's Right (You're Not From Texas) - Lyle Lovett
22. Details of the War - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Comments on the mix: My vaguely conceptual forays continue, with this mix subtitled "Music for an Autumn Night." Somehow I was channeling my college years and this sense of a "kegger in a corn field." Eh? Oddly, I don't think any of these songs were actually released during my college tenure.

Comments on the cover: And this, ladies and gentlemen, is my least favorite mix cover of all time. I was just lazy. This mix deserved better.

No comments: