May 31, 2007

"Campfire"

August 2006
for: jimcat

1. This Heart's on Fire - Wolf Parade
2. Old Dan Tucker - Bruce Springsteen
3. 3000 Flowers - Destroyer
4. Jogging Gorgeous Summer - Islands
5. Steady, As She Goes - The Raconteurs
6. Mambo Sun - T. Rex
7. So Long Marianne - Leonard Cohen
8. Hold On, Hold On - Neko Case
9. The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
10. Paper Tiger - Spoon
11. Is It True - Brenda Lee
12. Sweet Li'l Thing - Eels
13. Someone's Daughter - Beth Orton
14. King Of Carrot Flowers Part 1 - Neutral Milk Hotel
15. I Lost It - Lucinda Williams
16. The Promised Land - Johnnie Allan
17. Ballad of the Broken Seas - Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
18. Now That I Know - Devendra Banhart
19. Morning Wonder - The Earlies
20. Tennessee Stud - Johnny Cash

Comments on the mix: This is a "concept" mix like Off Season, but for a different time and place. I guess I was trying to come up with something summery, but not just poppy and fun. "Campfire" seemed a good title, and I started thinking of music for a summer evening gathering in the wilds of the country. Some of the songs might be a bit difficult to sing round a campfire, but I think the general mood is right. Quite like this mix, just wish the cover was a bit less generic.

No comments: