April 25, 2007

"Picnic"

June 2005
for: velocity girl

1. Belle and Sebastian - The Boy with the Arab Strap
2. Brazilian Girls - Don't Stop
3. The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
4. Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
5. Sleeper - What Do I Do Now?
6. Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This?
7. Bloc Party - Banquet
8. Nina Simone - Buck
9. Blondie - The Tide Is High
10. Stars - What I'm Trying to Say
11. The Flaming Lips - Buggin'
12. Robbers on High Street - The Price and Style
13. Pulp - Sorted for E's and Wizz
14. Idlewild - American English
15. Talking Heads - And She Was
16. Hot Hot Heat - No, Not Now
17. Bishop Allen - Charm School
18. Venus Hum - Soul Sloshing
19. U2 - Sweetest Thing
20. Sly and the Family Stone - Everyday People
21. Liz Phair - Polyester Bride
22. The Delays - On

Comments on the mix: This is the first of the Summer Mixes I've done (I made another one, called "Sunburn" in 2006 and I'm planning another for June 2007). For me, a summer mix is just a generally upbeat and fun group of songs. There were also some choices here that I made specifically for (what I perceived to be) velocity girl's taste. I like the idea of doing a sequence of summer mixes just because it keeps me from repeating songs (always a danger with me!). This summer, I might send my mixee all three! That will depend on if I think they'll like 'em.

Comments on the cover: You probably can't tell at this size, but there are ants! That is probably the end of inspiration for this cover.

No comments: