April 24, 2007

"House and Home"

June 2005
for: velocity girl

1. Dolly Parton - Joshua
2. LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at my House
3. New Order - Temptation
4. Eddie Money & Ronnie Spector - Take Me Home Tonight
5. Blur - Country House
6. Lucinda Williams - Lake Charles
7. The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba
8. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
9. Luna - Still at Home
10. PJ Harvey - A Place Called Home
11. The Weakerthans - Letter of Resignation
12. Talking Heads - Burning Down the House
13. Madness - Our House
14. Beth Orton - Carmella
15. Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien
16. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul
17. Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God
18. Franz Ferdinand - Come on Home
19. R.E.M. - You are the Everything
20. Loretta Lynn - This Old House

Comments on the mix: One of the reasons that velocity girl got two separate mixes this month was that this one, being "word-themed" was largely planned ahead of time and not specifically geared to her tastes. Looking back on this mix, I am once again struck by my choices, because now I could easily fill an entire mix with songs containing "House" and "Home" in the titles. This mix also uses songs with those words in the lyrics. But what I think is important is that none of these songs (with the possible exception of the Franz Ferdinand) were chosen just for the word. These are all songs that I really like (and many of which I have used in many mixes). Otherwise? I still really love the transition from Dolly Parton to LCD Soundsystem.

Comments on the cover: C'mon, this is a cute cover! Stock photography strikes again!

No comments: