October 15, 2007

"The Lonesome Depot"

October 2007 (EC Trade)
for: LostHighway

1. Tonight - Sibylle Baier
2. The Train From Kansas City - The Shangri-Las
3. California (All The Way) - Luna
4. Down The Line - José González
5. Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
6. Sea Lion Woman - Feist
7. Penny On The Train Track - Ben Kweller
8. The Orchids - Califone
9. 1000 Words - Arthur & Yu
10. Chinese Translation - M. Ward
11. Born On A Train - The Magnetic Fields
12. Rama Lama - Sons & Daughters
13. Lived In Bars - Cat Power
14. Ramblin Man - Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
15. Lonely Weekends - Charlie Rich
16. Effect & Cause - The White Stripes
17. Shiny Cattle - Magic Car
18. Railroad Man - Eels
19. Arc of Time (Time Code) - Bright Eyes
20. Like the 309 - Johnny Cash
21. Ticket Man - The Kills

Comments on the mix: The club's on hiatus, so I signed up for some EC trades. The first was with LostHighway, who has sent me some great mixes in the past. I knew I couldn't compete with her knowledge of Country music, but I aimed for that feel, using other genres. I also used a whole bunch of train songs.

No comments: